Friday, February 29, 2008

Fire Kevin Kabat - Now

So how is it that the day after we learn that Fifth Third Bank CEO Kevin Kabat made $10 million in 2007 that fifty 5/3 employees are fired in West Michigan?

In the words of the GR Press, the 50 workers lost their jobs "in an attempt to focus the Bank's resources". So you go home and tell your family "I was fired today - but it's OK because 5/3 needed to focus its resources on coming up with $10 million to pay Kevin Kabat."

Meanwhile I was at the post office and saw a teller I used to see at my 5/3 branch. I asked her why she left and she said 5/3 sucks as an employer and she's happier at Walgreen's.

And oh by the way, I just fired 5/3 as my company's bank and went to Chase. It wasn't because of Kabat's pay, it was because my account officer hadn't bothered to call me for 12 months, and they were basically incompetent in providing business banking services.

Way to go Kevin!

No comments: