Saturday, November 8, 2008

Providence

It's snowing outside and I can't help thinking that providence was looking out for us this election. I was canvassing just a week ago and it was 65 degrees and sunny. Election week was like summer and I don't think we had a really bad weekend since Labor Day. Sometimes things just go your way.

I have to keep reminding myself that we won and the Bush years are over (except for the bad hangover in my IRA and an economy close to death). We'll recover. The best thing is I don't have to give a shit about what those people say anymore. I can read the NRO for fun because they can't hurt us anymore.

When Obama said "yes we can" towards the end of his acceptance speech, I just totally lost it. It still makes me tear up when I replay it in my mind. It really feels like a whole new day.

No comments: